We are still harvesting carrots, squash and tomatoes and even have a few snap peas from the August planting already. Hard to believe winter is on it's way. I planted garlic around this time of year last year. So easy! Plant it now and harvest it in August to use all year. Check out how to plant it hereMy name is Shawna. I'm married to my highschool sweetheart and we have been blessed with 3 incredible kids. We desire to experience whole living- to live life to the fullest in relationships, our jobs, our health, our free time, and grow along the way. My prayer is that I would live loved by my Maker, love others well, and live grateful.You will find things I love here-recipes, pictures, health tips, ideas of how to better life/enjoy the present and random bits of info that mean nothing.
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Fall is in the air!
Happy Fall! I love this time of year. We have had 70 degree days for a week and the trees have turned. So beautiful. I love the crisp nights and mornings. Today, my six year old and I made caramel apples. A friend of ours has an apple tree and so after the picking, we dried a bunch of them and enjoyed caramel apples for dessert tonight. By the way, butter the waxed paper you set them on! It took me forever to free the apples.
We are still harvesting carrots, squash and tomatoes and even have a few snap peas from the August planting already. Hard to believe winter is on it's way. I planted garlic around this time of year last year. So easy! Plant it now and harvest it in August to use all year. Check out how to plant it here
We are still harvesting carrots, squash and tomatoes and even have a few snap peas from the August planting already. Hard to believe winter is on it's way. I planted garlic around this time of year last year. So easy! Plant it now and harvest it in August to use all year. Check out how to plant it here
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment