Happy New Year! Every January I love to sit an
d reflect on the past year and write down my hopes, prayers and desires for the new year ahead. I love starting fresh, with new perspective on life. One of the most important things we can do in our daily lives is to take time to sit and reflect. In our crazy, busy western culture quiet reflection is not a value and yet it's in these times we often gain perspective, understanding, and experience peace. Sometimes I spend time praying, or reading or taking a walk or writing in a journal. I love to get outside early in the morning (if the weather permits) with a cup of coffee and a blanket and watch the world wake up.
d reflect on the past year and write down my hopes, prayers and desires for the new year ahead. I love starting fresh, with new perspective on life. One of the most important things we can do in our daily lives is to take time to sit and reflect. In our crazy, busy western culture quiet reflection is not a value and yet it's in these times we often gain perspective, understanding, and experience peace. Sometimes I spend time praying, or reading or taking a walk or writing in a journal. I love to get outside early in the morning (if the weather permits) with a cup of coffee and a blanket and watch the world wake up. Every year I write down something new I would like to do. I spent some time reading last year's entry and one of my desires was to learn how to make jam. I smiled because I had forgotten that I wrote this and in July, my dear friend, Mason, taught me how to make blueberry jam. We had so much fun making it and I still have several jars left! Canning seems daunting but it's actually quite simple, especially if you can do it with a friend. Now I know exactly what is in the jam I am eating and serving to my kids (most jams are loaded with High Fructose Corn Syrup) and I plan to make jam every year.
Why not try something new this year that will improve your health?...run a race, eat less sugar, give some of your time to serving those in need, plant something, open the shades, on a wa
rm day-open the windows and doors, get outside, ask other people questions about their life, make a choice to only eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full, eat slowly, drink more water, ask God to show Himself to you, lay down on the floor and stretch, detoxify your home environment, take a walk everyday no matter the weather, read more instead of watching tv, make more meals at home, write a hand-written letter to a friend, laugh, eat more beans instead of meat, eat more fruits and vegetables-get creative, smile everyday, say one nice thing to each person you live with each day, get up early once a week just to watch the sunrise...make time to reflect!
rm day-open the windows and doors, get outside, ask other people questions about their life, make a choice to only eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full, eat slowly, drink more water, ask God to show Himself to you, lay down on the floor and stretch, detoxify your home environment, take a walk everyday no matter the weather, read more instead of watching tv, make more meals at home, write a hand-written letter to a friend, laugh, eat more beans instead of meat, eat more fruits and vegetables-get creative, smile everyday, say one nice thing to each person you live with each day, get up early once a week just to watch the sunrise...make time to reflect!
No comments:
Post a Comment