Garlic is one of the most valuable and versatile foods on the planet. It is FULL of health benefits. Garlic is a natural anitoxidant, fungicide, lowers blood pressure, defends against allergies, helps regulate blood sugar, acts as a cold medication-exectorant and decongestant, fights ear infections, heals warts, controls asthma, heals ringworm, heals toothaches, boosts overall immunity....SO MANY THINGS! Check out one of my favorite garlic supplements on the "My Favorite Shaklee Products" link. I take garlic at any sign of a scratchy throat. I also try to cook with it as much as possible. I use a garlic press and add it to most main courses so that my kids eat it up too. My 8 year old loves dredging bread in garlic and olive oil. Not only does it taste heavenly but the health benefits are amazing (and he has no idea!) Have you ever roasted a whole bulb of garlic? Try this recipe Enjoy! By the way, drinking lemonade or a little lemon juice will get rid of your garlic breath! :) To remove the garlic smell on your fingers, rub them on a stainless steel spoon and the smell is gone!
My name is Shawna. I'm married to my highschool sweetheart and we have been blessed with 3 incredible kids. We desire to experience whole living- to live life to the fullest in relationships, our jobs, our health, our free time, and grow along the way. My prayer is that I would live loved by my Maker, love others well, and live grateful.You will find things I love here-recipes, pictures, health tips, ideas of how to better life/enjoy the present and random bits of info that mean nothing.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Garlic! Garlic! Garlic!
Garlic is one of the most valuable and versatile foods on the planet. It is FULL of health benefits. Garlic is a natural anitoxidant, fungicide, lowers blood pressure, defends against allergies, helps regulate blood sugar, acts as a cold medication-exectorant and decongestant, fights ear infections, heals warts, controls asthma, heals ringworm, heals toothaches, boosts overall immunity....SO MANY THINGS! Check out one of my favorite garlic supplements on the "My Favorite Shaklee Products" link. I take garlic at any sign of a scratchy throat. I also try to cook with it as much as possible. I use a garlic press and add it to most main courses so that my kids eat it up too. My 8 year old loves dredging bread in garlic and olive oil. Not only does it taste heavenly but the health benefits are amazing (and he has no idea!) Have you ever roasted a whole bulb of garlic? Try this recipe Enjoy! By the way, drinking lemonade or a little lemon juice will get rid of your garlic breath! :) To remove the garlic smell on your fingers, rub them on a stainless steel spoon and the smell is gone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment